Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Live from Lubao: Birds of Paradise

Cultural immersion and morbid curiosity led me to here.
 Perhaps their last rights are being read to them before their cock razors are unsheathed and the fight begins.
"You sir! Will you put money on my cock?"
Money in hand.
People asking for bets before the fight begins.
The feathers fly and death comes quickly. 
The cockpit was a hot and sticky place like a KFC in Tallahassee.
Looks like the cock died just short of the 3 point arc...could have been big points.
The loser was swept away and loaded onto a McNugget truck.

Now some random photos with no theme.
 Animals are everywhere. Stray but loyal.
 Those aren't rubber chickens, no gag here.
Hulk house. 
I can relate to the Hulk here. I wish my pants turned into shorts and my shirt rips off every time I step outside into the heat.
For Ashley's grandmas birthday they had a karaoke machine going full blast from 10am - 12 midnight. Hearing everyone butcher songs all day really encouraged me to try a few songs. I warmed up with the Doors' "Light My Fire" only to realize they had the extended 7 minute album version with 5 min instrumental in the middle.
We woke up early one morning to be rowed around in a canoe on a fish pond.
 Beware of cuteness.
Man made splendor.
 Then we headed down the road for more bird related activities.
 After the cockfighting we decided to make peace with the bird gods and release some doves.
After miming this exact moment so many times without a bird I have to say this was pretty rewarding finally being able to do it for real.
My "American" dinner to pacify my western palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment